Saturday, June 23, 2007

Blog Update

Genuinely sorry there haven't been many posts lately, I will try to get back to my frequent posting of earlier this year. I have been a bit busy with course work, home work and Dawn of War! Yes, I have bought Dawn of War. I will review it soon by first impressions are very good as it runs without any lag on my PC with some really quite impressive explosions, physics and lots of action on the screen at once. I got it in the Anthology pack for £20, which includes the two expansion packs, "Winter Assault" and "Dark Crusade." Unfortunately, Dark Crusade won't run on my computer apparently, so after I have checked it (which will involve un-installing stuff) if it doesn't work I will sell it on Ebay. (If you are interested in buying it, as a reader of my blog, you get a presale edition!)

As I predicted, news is a bit slow at the moment, particularly with E3 approaching fast. One interesting story is the ban of Manhunt 2 in the UK and the US. This is the second complete ban on a game ever. Prior to the ban, it was coming out on the Wii and PS2. So who said the Wii was a kids console?

Talking of Wii, Resident Evil 4 has come out for it and got a glowing report on GS. It got the score of 9.1, which is the highest score on the Wii at the moment. I can't wait to get it wait to get it, Amazon puts the release date at the 29th of June. It sounds fantastic, making it the first decent shooter on the Wii. Given that it is a last gen port, it must be amazing to still have earnt that score. (For reference, Legend of Zelda did hold the title with 8.9)

Talking about releases, it seems there are a lot of Wii games coming out really near each other. Metroid Prime 3, Battalion Wars, Tiger Woods 08 (I will only get that if it has online play, which is what is stopping me getting the '07 version) Fifa '08 (which looks interesting to say the least, but once again will need online play to get my buy), the new Pokemon game and at around that time Geometry Wars. I think I need to watch my pennies.

I was in town yesterday and I saw two racing games on the Xbox 360. I, unfortunately only got to play one, but got a good look at both of them. One had amazing physics that was just incredible to watch, never mind play with. There was so much junk just flying about in front of you, you were ducking to avoid it. Wooden fences that in older racing games would have been rock solid just flew in to the air, tyre walls would smash and would come flying towards you and there was an immensely cool damage model implemented on every car. The other one featured quite bland colours and didn't look intense at all. The car models looked un-ambitious and the whole game smelt of a PS1 game with breathtaking reflections and a sharp image. The first one felt like a next gen game, the other one looked like a normal, mildly amusing racing game. Do you know what they were? The first one was Fullout, a Burnout sequel. The second was Forza Motor Sport 2. I couldn't believe it. I did not get a chance to play it, but I was stunned, for the best racing game ever, it didn't look very impressive.

I watched Glastonbury last night and Friday night. I have been looking forward to this for 2 years now. I was a little disappointed with the line up, the headliners being Arctic Monkeys, Killers and Kasier Chiefs. The Killers were amazing, as were Kasabian (as you would expect) and the Editors (whose album comes out this week) Another disappointing thing was my red button wasn't working. This meant I had to sit through the likes of Maximo Park and Amy Winehouse, neither of whom were very good. Kaiser Chiefs are on tonight and they are always quite amusing to watch live.

The new Harry Potter book is coming out soon so I have re-read the whole series to refresh my memory, I had forgotten how good it really is. The new book is £18.99 which is shocking given it doesn't even look that long. If you pre-order it however, you can get it for £8.99 which is what I am going to do.

As for Brawl updates, I don't think I should do them as they aren't very significant but rest assured if any significant updates do happen, then I will post them.

Upcoming posts include:

  • Console Wars Summary
  • Civilization 4: Warlords review
  • New E3 coverage
  • And the latest game news, reviews previews and analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
"All your base are belong to us"