Monday, June 04, 2007

It Was Forty Years Ago Today... [Blog Update]

...When Sgt. Peppers taught the band to play, they’ve been going in and out of style, but they are guaranteed to raise a smile, so let me introduce to you, after all these years, the one and only Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band. That’s right, it’s the 40th anniversary of Sgt Peppers, the iconic album from the legendary Beatles.

Ok, sorry no posts lately, I have been in Cornwall, and what a time I have had. I went body boarding for the first time in my life, and it was awesome. I stayed near Trebarwith Strand and Tintagel. The rock shapes were amazing, having been naturally carved by erosion. I went body boarding most days that week with varying sized waves. At the start they were relatively small, measuring 1-2ft, but by the end they were really very big (and quite scary) at about 6-7ft. Also, there are the nicest doughnuts there that are cooked on site. We went to King Arthur's castle on one day, the views were truly spectacular, watching the waves crashing in to the rocks was incredible. We also visited a town called Polperro on the south side of Cornwall where there are the nicest chocolate and fudge shops! I really enjoyed my time and thankyou to the King family who were kind enough to take me, I hope I wasn't too much trouble. Photos coming soon to my flickr account, I will post the best ones here.

As usual, I came back from holiday with loads of mail, each containing gaming news that I have failed to report. Fear not, for I will now summarize it.

End War details announced

A very exciting game from the Tom Clancy lot, End War, has been explained and confirmed for 360, PS3 and PC. The game will be a on-line war game. You will join a game of up to 12 people and make two sides of 6. You then divide the units on your army between the players. You will then choose a contested battle ground and fight on it. The game will then work out the average result (based on all the battles in your game) and say who won it. The actual battles will be controlled completely by voice commands. This game has caught my attention right from its mysterious announcement a while back, but now, it may just make me get a 360 or upgrade my PC. It is being developed by the people behind the Total War series as well as others, just in case you were in any doubt about the quality.

Geometry Wars Confirmed

A while back I posted a Nintendo update. One of the stories was a rumoured version of Geometry Wars for the Wii and DS. This has now been confirmed. It will feature a full single player mode and multiplayer mode with 4 styles of play. The single player, although no solid details have been announced, will be massive and incorporate things such as planets. It is semi-scheduled to be released before the holidays, hopefully not at full price.

Forza 2 Gets a stunning Review

Forza was the best racing game on the Xbox, whatever your taste, and arguably the best racing game there has ever been. It was both realistic and arcady, plenty of help for beginners and loads of depth for veterans and of course the massive amount of customisation you could give to your cars. This has, according to Gamespot, been built upon to craft a masterful game. It received a massive score of 9.8. The only criticism they could make was that there wasn't a lot of variation in the sound effects. If GS are anything to go by, you should get this game, and if you don't have a 360, get a 360 to play this game.

Brawl Update

Don't worry, I have just been reading all the latest updates from the Dojo. I will post a summary of what has been released so far in a minute. So far, nothing breath taking has been announced. But be patient, they have to release new information from now until launch every day.

Anyone who has been watching the news may have noticed that Bush has agreed to start acting in the interest of the environment. My first reaction was "about time too, what's the catch," but before I had even said it, Bush explained. He wants a deal to involve China and India. It is no secret that Bush and the rest of America is very scared of China as it could overtake them as world super power. As everyone in Europe will be so pleased that the US is even joining the treaty, when the US says they need to clamp down harder on China and India, people will. This could crush their economy, thus protecting America. Shame their isn't much anyone can do about it.

Also, England nearly beat Brazil on Friday. Now, I am not a expert in football, my experience stretches to a few goes on CM4, however, England have been in a very bad losing streak recently. Last match, Beckham was put back on the pitch, and we were beating the best team in the world, and not by a fluky goal either. Then, we take Beckham off, and Brazil score. Seems a little bit of a no brainer. Even if Beckham isn't that good, he clearly brings strength to the rest of the team. He is an idol and should be on the pitch for every England game. None the less, a draw against Brazil is a pretty good result in my books.

Finally, as it is the 40th anniversary of Sgt Peppers, BBC have done a special show with modern bands performing some of the classic tracks using the same equipment. The Fray and Kaiser Chiefs were both bands that performed excellently. Other bands include The Magic Numbers and Brian May. You can catch this until next Saturday on listen again here on the BBC (You need to be a UK/ROI inhabitant to listen [I think]) The second part will be aired on BBC Radio 2, Saturday, 8PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
"All your base are belong to us"