Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Restaurant, people, quote and a book

I haven't posted in a while but I will be posting tomorrow. But here is a less normal post that bears no real relevance to absolutely anything. I am currently enjoying my half term and last weekend I went to Beaminster for my grand-fathers 80th birthday. To celebrate, we went to a posh restaurant. The food was lovely, I have momentarily forgotten the name, but Beaminster isn't very big, so if you happen to be there, it is down the road from the high street. However, like every other restaurant, the best bit isn't the food, but the fellow customers. About half way through our meal a group of six old people turned up. One of them had a very high pitched voice and started bellowing orders about where they should sit. One of the others said, in a suitable cheesy voice, "oh, I'm between the girls am I?". Once they had managed to sit down, they had a heated discussion about...hedge trimmers :"Is it rotary?!" Later on in the meal the leader talked about how we get pears or something from New Zealand, and how shops claim that people want it all year round. She said that "if they weren't there, people would just get by." As true as this is, she did get a little too animated.

I found this quote on my Google home page today and I needed somewhere to dump it it was so good.

The dead might as well try to speak to the living as the old to the young.


Finally, I have just finished reading Bill Bryson's Notes from a small island. It was very funny and if your English makes you heart swell with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
"All your base are belong to us"